We love being part of a vibrant web design and development community. We benefit daily from the generous contributions of others, and believe that a diverse network of shared experiences and ideas makes all of our work stronger. In addition to our open source software and public speaking, we are proud to sponsor organizations that increase diversity in the community – from race and gender, to identity and sexuality – and events that bring the whole community together in thoughtful and inclusive ways. And then, on occasion, we also sponsor the communities and events that keep us entertained and fulfilled outside of work.
Sponsoring & Donations
- Electronic Frontier Foundation is the leading nonprofit organization defending civil liberties in the digital world.
- Django Software Foundation is an independent non-profit foundation established to to promote, support, and advance the Django Web framework. As active users and contributors to the Django community, we’re proud to support the continued development of the project.
- Black Girls CODE has set out to prove to the world that girls of every color have the skills to become the programmers of tomorrow. By promoting classes and programs they help to grow the number of women of color working in technology, and give underprivileged girls a chance to become the masters of their technological worlds.
- Thunder Valley Community Development Corporation is a Lakota-run, grassroots Community Development Corporation that is building a community for systemic change on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.
- PyLadies is an international mentorship group with a focus on helping more women become active participants and leaders in the Python open source community.
- Django Girls is a non-profit organization and a community that empowers and helps women to organize free, one-day programming workshops by providing tools, resources and support.
- COSOLA-MACILE is a non-profit organization focused on K-12 STEM education in less advantaged communities.
- Ada Initiative supported women in open technology and culture through activities such as producing codes of conduct and anti-harassment policies, advocating for gender diversity, and teaching ally skills.
- Women Who Startup is a global community that connects and empowers women in tech and business.
- Django Under the Hood is an exciting Django conference full of deep, detailed talks and amazing opportunities to shape the future of Django.
- SassConf brings together a far-flung community of front-end developers, designers, architects, and web enthusiasts who dream of building a better web. Besides being active participants in the Sass community, we love the thoughtfulness and dedication to diversity that the SassConf organizers bring to the community.
- PyCon is the largest annual gathering for the people who use and develop the open source Python programming language.
- The Mixin is a San Francisco Sass front-end meetup.