Miriam Suzanne is a product manager, user-experience designer, writer, speaker, and open source developer.
The web is more than a technology platform, it was created with a mission statement. Design and code trends also come with attached philosophies, and we need to consider the implications. We’ll talk about our human-centered approach to product-design – learning to understand user-feedback, designing for edge-cases, transparent client communication, and tightly integrated design and development teams.
- A brief overview of the “losing control” philosophy behind the web
- How the medium influences what we make, and how we work.
- Understanding “open” and “opinionated” philosophies.
- Understanding (and seeking-out) user-feedback, without sacrificing vision.
- How we integrate developers and designers in tight feedback cycles
- How we talk to clients about design choices